- Reaction score
Welcome to WMTech Quality Add-Ons!
We care about our products!
We care about our products!
AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
We recommend the use of an automated installation and upgrade system.
Two of them are available for free to download at xenforo.com:
- Add-on Install & Upgrade by Chris D
- Install and Upgrade by Waindigo by Jon W **
** Note: If you use the product created by Waindigo, please enter the following line to your XenForo configuration file (/library/config.php ) to prevent any callbacks to Waindigo this add-on otherwise starts itself regularly:
$config['disableCallbacks'] = true
MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory.
- Install "addon-wmt_YTLoadEnhancer-1xx.xml" in your Xenforo ACP (ACP > Home > Install Add-On).
- Access "ACP > Home > Options > [WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials" to check and setup the options of this add-on.
- Obtain your personal Google YouTube API key and put it into the appropriate field in this add-ons settings. For help getting this API key, see the provided instructions here.
Special Installation Instructions (e.g. interactions with other add-ons):
If you have customized the YouTube BB media code prior to using this add-on, please make a backup of it before installing this add-on! The YouTube BB media code in your ACP will be reseted to the default XenForo YouTube media code if you ever uninstall this add-on again.
No need to worry, if you have never touched the YouTubeBB media code before!
- Download the new version of the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). You may need to relicense even free add-ons, if your last version is older than 6 months. Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory overwriting all existing files with the new ones!
- Go to your Xenforo "ACP > Home > List Add-Ons" and select "[WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials". At the dropdown arrow on the right, choose "Upgrade Add-On". A pop-up appears and let you select the XML file "addon-wmt_YTLoadEnhancer-1xx.xml" we provide in the upgrade software package.
- Access "ACP > Home > Options > [WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials" to inspect existing options and setup any new options of this add-on.
- If you upgrade from below version 1.1.0, obtain your personal Google YouTube API key and put it into the appropriate field in this add-ons settings. For help getting this API key, see the provided instructions here.
Special Upgrade Instructions:
- After Upgrade to version 1.1.3 or higher from any version up to 1.1.2 or lower, you can delete the following files, as they are no longer needed:
- After Upgrade to version 1.1.3 or higher from any version up to 1.1.2 or lower, you need to manually reapply any custom CSS modification made to the css template of this add-on because the name of the css template has been changed.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ADMINS:
- Please do NOT just deactivate the add-on, if you plan to no longer use it. The purpose of this add-on is to present embedded YouTube videos to your visitors. If you deactivate it, all YouTube videos (which are still there in your messages) can and will no longer be shown to your visitors until this add-on have been activated again. You need to uninstall it, if you do not want to use it any more!
- Please do NEVER and for no reason change the YouTube BB media code of your forum if you have this add-on installed. This also includes any installation of other add-ons tampering with YouTube embedding codes, which has to be avoided! If you do, this add-on will stop to work without any error messages because it relies on it's custom YouTube BB media code.
Available Options in ACP:
Home > Options > [WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials
- Google YouTube API Key
Please insert your YouTube API key. You can get your key from Google in the Google Developer Console. Documentation and a video instruction on how to obtain a Google YouTube API key can be found >> HERE <<.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not enter a valid Google YouTube API Key, this add-on won't be able to cache and show data from newly uploaded videos. It will however try to cache all video thumbnails.
Default: None, Recommended: Your Google YouTube API key
- Player Size
Select which size your embedded videos should be. 9 Presets are provided. We recommend using 16:9 players. If users insert 4:3 ratio videos, the thumbnails will adapt automatically. All player sizes will also always adapt to responsive views automatically.
Default: Smaller 16:9 player (560 x 315 px), Recommended: Larger 16:9 player (853 x 480 px)
- Player Position
Select if you like the player aligned left or centered into the message.
Default: Align Left
- Use Old YouTube Embed Style?
Since 2015, YouTube video embeds no longer display the video controls and the YouTube symbol at the bottom of the embeded video thumbnail. If you would like to retain the old style with all the YouTube embeds in your forum, check this box.
- Show Links Below the Player?
Select if you like to show links below the player to play the video in YouTube directly, or in YouTube and EasyTube or to show no links at all.
Default: Show YouTube Links
- Show Video Info (Title) in Thumbnail?
If checked, the title of the video is shown with the thumbnail.
If not checked, no title will be shown.
Default and recommended: On
- Add Video Microdata to the HTML?
If checked, hidden meta data will be included into the HTML output making it easier for search engines to index the video data.
If not checked, no no meta data will be included into the HTML.
Default: Off, Recommended: On
- Try to Fetch High Quality Thumbnail?
If checked, we try to fetch a HQ picture from YouTube for the video thumbnail. If available such thumbnail is a high resolution version of the default thumbnail looking perfect at retina screens and mobiles. This thumbnail will also be cached locally in your data store but uses more storage space in your data directory.
If not checked, the default resolution thumbnail will be fetched and cached locally.
Default: Off, Recommended: On
- Force Audio?
If checked, ALL YouTube embeds are considered audio only. The player renders very small and no video or thumbnail is shown. Can only be forced globally and makes sense only at forums with exclusive audio content.
If not checked, regular video players with thumbnails will be shown.
Default and recommended: Off
Available Phrases and Templates in ACP:
Appearance > Templates
- All public templates of this add-on start with "wmt_ytle_" The name of the templates is self-explanatory.
- This add-on uses several template modifications. All template modifications are VERY IMPORTANT for this add-on to be able to work. They are designed for the default style only! If you use any custom style, please check if all modifications have been applied correctly by looking at the numbers in the right column of the line with the modification name. If there is a grey or red number, the modification could not be applied thus making this add-on functionless. Contact us or your style designer to solve those issues!
PLEASE NOTE: There are some template modifications created for some versions of XenForo only. They are marked clearly with the XenForo version they expect. If you use XenForo 1.4 and a template modification for XF 1.2 shows red or grey numbers, you can disregard it.
- All phrases of this add-on start with "wmt_ytle_" The name of the phrases is self explanatory.
- All admin templates of this add-on start with "wmt_ytle_" The name of the templates is self-explanatory.
This web site makes it easy to share YouTube videos and playlists. Just copy the YouTube url into your message and get a perfectly integrated YouTube video.