- Reaction score
Welcome to WMTech Quality Add-Ons!
We care about our products!
We care about our products!
AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
We recommend the use of an automated installation and upgrade system.
This is available for free to download at xenforo.com:
- Add-on Install & Upgrade by Chris D
MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory.
- Install "addon-wmt_stickymultiacc-1xx.xml" in your Xenforo Admin Control Panel (XF ACP) (ACP > Home > Install Add-On).
- Access "ACP > Home > Options > [WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info" to check and setup the options of this add-on.
- Access "ACP > Home > Users > User Group Permissions" and set up any permissions for your users and user groups regarding this add-on.
- Access "ACP > Home > Users > Administrators" and set up any permissions for your administrators to use and manage this add-on in your XF ACP.
Special Installation Instructions (e.g. interactions with other add-ons):
- This add-on can be installed together with any other multiple account detection add-ons at the same time. Just make sure you do not use the same cookie name at both add-ons. It makes no sense however to install additional detection add-ons because this add-on also uses the standard detection method with regular cookies (beside 14 other methods).
MANUAL UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the new version of the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). You may need to relicense even free add-ons, if your last version is older than 6 months. Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory overwriting all existing files with the new ones!
- Go to your Xenforo "ACP > Home > List Add-Ons" and select "[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info". At the dropdown arrow on the right, choose "Upgrade Add-On". A pop-up appears and lets you select the XML file "addon-wmt_stickymultiacc-1xx.xml" we provide in the upgrade software package.
- Access "ACP > Home > Options > [WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info" to check the existing and set up the new options of this add-on.
- Access "ACP > Home > Users > User Group Permissions" and check any permissions for your users and user groups regarding this add-on.
- Access "ACP > Home > Users > Administrators" and check any permissions for your administrators to use and manage this add-on in your XF ACP.
Special Upgrade Instructions:
- Upgrade to version 1.1.0 from any other version:
With this upgrade the (deprecated) user group ignore options are removed. The upgrade automatically converts any existing group ignore options into regular XenForo user group permissions. We expect the conversion to be successful, but recommend to check your user group permissions after the upgrade to ensure everything continues to work as expected.
Also with this upgrade the "microtime" helper (which was included in all prior versions) will be removed from your forum, as we no longer need it. If you have used it for any other purpose outside of our add-on you need to write your own helper to continue to use it.
Available Options in ACP:
Home > Options > [WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info
- Retention Time (Days)
Remove an account from any Multiple Account Info group that many days after the last activity of this account has been recorded by XenForo. Set to "0" if you want to retain the information for ever.
Default: 365, Min: 0, Max: 3650
- Random Check Trigger Frequency
Set how often a random check will be triggered when browsing any page at your forum (beside "Register", "Login" and "Forum-Home", where it'll always be triggered).
You do not need to enable any random check, if you start a new forum and this add-on is enabled from begin. You also can deactivate it approx. 1 year after the installation of this add-on.
You need it, if you had this add-on deactivated or newly installed at an already active forum to catch any permanently logged in members. The higher the number the more often the random check is performed.
Default: 5, 0 = No Check, 10 = Always Check, Recommended: As low as possible
- Disable Flash Detection Engine?
If checked, the Flash detection engine will be disabled and no Flash will be loaded for visitors.
- Deny Registration of Multiple Accounts?
If checked, the registration of a new account will be denied if the user is known by the system to already have an account.
- Moderate All Multiple Accounts?
Enabling this will set all detected multiple accounts to be manually approved by the staff, even if the account was already valid before. It will be active again only after being confirmed by an admin.
- Report by Private Conversation?
Enabling this will create a new Private Conversation with participants defined below when multiple accounts are detected.
- Private Conversation Recipients
A private conversation with the chosen users as recipients will be created on detection if corresponding option is enabled. Search and enter user names separated by commas. Max. 5 user names are allowed. If no recipient is given, no pc will be sent. Please note, that if you use a reporting user, this user cannot be also the pc recipient because no user is allowed to send pc to themself.
- Report by New Thread?
Enabling this will create a new thread in the forum specified when multiple accounts are detected.
- Forum For Reports
A new thread will be created in this forum on detection if you've enabled the option. If you do not choose a forum here, no report will be created, even if you've seleted that option.
- Report by New Abuse Report?
Enabling this will create a new user report in your XenForo report center when multiple accounts are detected.
- Send 1 Notification Per Detection Only
Generally this add-on notifies you once per user account if multiple accounts have been detected. If 2 users are detected to share a computer at the same time, 2 notifications (one per each user) are generated. If you don't like this behavior and only want 1 notification no matter how many accounts have been detected, check this option.
- Show Extended User Account Info?
If checked, each notification of a newly detected multiple user account will show the following extended info: Date of Birth, Gender, Account State, Registration IP and Confirmation IP.
- Which User as Reporter?
Please enter a username (only ONE allowed) of a user you want to be the reporter (or sender in case of PC reporting) used in all reporting actions. If you leave this blank, the user who is using multiple accounts is used as the reporter. Of course in that case this user is not allowed to see his own reporting conversation.
- Custom Cookie Name
Be Careful! It is better to change this immediately after installation only! Please try to not change this after running this add-on for some time. A single change will set the whole multiple account detection engine back to start! You'll have to wait a long time until all your users have seen the new cookie and you won't be able to detect multiple accounts that have been used before the change.
We recommend NOT to change this. Change it if you know what you are doing only!
Available Permissions in ACP:
Users > Permissions > User Group Permissions
Users > Permissions > User Permissions
- Protect From Multiple Account Detection
Select "Allow" to ignore this user group or user completely from being detected as a multiple account.
- Can See Multiple Account Info of All Users
Select "Allow" to allow this user group or user to see all information tabs regarding multiple account info at each users profile pages in the public XenForo interface.
- Can See Own Multiple Account Info Only
Select "Allow" to allow this user group or user to see the information tab regarding his own multiple account info at his profile page in the public XenForo interface.
- Can See Multiple Account Info Exemptions
Select "Allow" to allow this user group or user to see any exemptions you or your staff have assigned to the user in the users multiple account info tab at the public profile page of each user. Needs to also have the "Can See Multiple Account Info of All Users" permission to work.
- Can Manage Multiple Account Info Exemptions
Select "Allow" to allow this user group or user to set or remove any exemptions for any users in the users multiple account info tab at the public profile page of each user. Needs to also have the "Can See Multiple Account Info of All Users" and "Can See Multiple Account Info Exemptions" permissions to work.
Available Administrator Permissions in ACP:
Users > Administrators
- See and Manage Multiple Account Info
Check this box to allow this administrator to see and manage all Multiple Account Info features and information screens in your XenForo Admin Control Panel (XF ACP).
Note: Any superadmins will have set this permission automatically!
Available Administrator Actions in ACP:
Tools > Rebuild Caches > Rebuild Multiple Account Info
- This will rebuild all multiple account info for all users.
Use it, if you get a lot of processing warnings from the Sticky Multiple Account Info system, if you have changed anything manually in the multiple user info database table, if your server had any troubles with unwanted outages, your database crashed or you had this add-on deactivated and just activated it again. This needs to be run after each temporary deactivation of the add-on!
- This will present a comprehensive list of all multiple user accounts in your forum. This provides a perfect overlook for any admin!
- This tab at any users information and edit screens gives you a list of any accounts being detected as a multiple account to the account currently worked on. From there you are also able to set and delete exemptions for a pair of user accounts from being detected as a multiple account.
Available Phrases and Templates in ACP:
Appearance > Templates
Development > Admin Templates
- All public and admin templates of this add-on start with "wmt_smai_" The name of the templates is always self-explanatory.
Development > Admin Template Mods
- This add-on uses several template modifications instead of deprecated template hooks for the front and back end (ACP) of XenForo. All template modifications are VERY IMPORTANT for this add-on to be able to work. They are designed for the default style only! If you use any custom style, please check if all modifications have been applied correctly by looking at the numbers in the right column of the line with the modification name. If there is a grey or red number, the modification could not be applied thus deactivating some or even all features of this add-on. Contact us or your style designer to solve those issues!
- All phrases of this add-on start with "wmt_smai_" The name of the phrases is always self-explanatory.
Available Actions in XenForo Public Forum Web Site:
- This add-on ads a tab to each users profile page where a list of all detected multiple accounts (if any) of this particular user is shown. You can see, set and remove any detection exemptions for this user. All of those features can be protected and assigned to user groups and users using the user permissions provided in XF ACP.
The tab is only shown if the user is a multiple account or has any active exemptions.
(feel free to copy this text to your forums help page)
This site uses a tool to detect any user accounts being accessed from the same computer, tablet or smartphone. Such accounts are combined into Multiple Account Groups. You can see any accounts detected to be used together with your account in the information tab named "Multiple Account Info" in your account profile page, if the admin has given you the permission to see it.
If you inspect the accounts detected as also being used by you and find an error (because the other account is used by your spouse or friend), please contact us to have those accounts exempted.