- Reaction score
Welcome to WMTech Quality Add-Ons!
We care about our products!
We care about our products!
AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
We recommend the use of an automated installation and upgrade system.
Two of them are available for free to download at xenforo.com:
** Note: If you use the product created by Waindigo, please enter the following line to your XenForo configuration file (/library/config.php ) to prevent any callbacks to Waindigo this add-on otherwise starts itself regularly:
$config['disableCallbacks'] = true
MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory.
- Install "addon-wmt_exifremover-1xx.xml" in your Xenforo ACP (ACP > Home > Install Add-On).
Special Installation Instructions (e.g. interactions with other add-ons):
MANUAL UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the new version of the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). You may need to relicense even free add-ons, if your last version is older than 6 months. Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory overwriting all existing files with the new ones!
- Go to your Xenforo "ACP > Home > List Add-Ons" and select "[WMTech] Exif Data Remover". At the dropdown arrow on the right, choose "Upgrade Add-On". A pop-up appears and let you select the XML file "addon-wmt_exifremover-1xx.xml" we provide in the upgrade software package.
Special Upgrade Instructions:
- None so far.
Available Options in ACP:
Home > Options > [WMTech] EXIF Location Data Remover
- Show Privacy Information To Uploaders?
A short security information hint will be shown to all your members uploading pictures. If you do not want this to be shown, uncheck this option.
- Enable Exif Cache?
If this box is checked, the Exif data stripped from pictures will be stored in a cache. The cache information won't be shown to members, but compatible gallery add-ons (XFMG) can retrieve and renew their Exif information data from this cache, if you use the "Rebuild EXIF Data" tool. Also the ACP attachment browser will display the Exif data to admins, if this setting is enabled.
- Delete All Cached Exif Data?
Clicking this button removes ALL cached EXIF data from the database, gallery add-ons can no longer retrieve the data when their "Rebuild EXIF Data" tool is triggered.
Use it very carefully, it can't be reversed!
Available Permissions in ACP:
Available Phrases and Templates in ACP:
Appearance > Templates
Development > Admin Templates
- All public and admin templates of this add-on start with "wmt_edr_" The name of the templates is always self-explanatory.
Development > Admin Template Mods
- This add-on uses several template modifications instead of deprecated template hooks for the front and back end (ACP) of XenForo. All template modifications are VERY IMPORTANT for this add-on to be able to work. They are designed for the default style only! If you use any custom style, please check if all modifications have been applied correctly by looking at the numbers in the right column of the line with the modification name. If there is a grey or red number, the modification could not be applied thus deactivating some or even all features of this add-on. Contact us or your style designer to solve those issues!
- All phrases of this add-on start with "wmt_edr_" The name of the phrases is always self-explanatory.
(feel free to copy this text to your forums help page)
This site cares about your security and automatically removes all hidden meta data (such as location) from uploaded images. You are safe when uploading attachments and pictures to our site!