- Reaction score
Welcome to WMTech Quality Add-Ons!
We care about our products!
We care about our products!
AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
We recommend the use of an automated installation and upgrade system.
Two of them are available for free to download at xenforo.com:
- Add-on Install & Upgrade by Chris D
- Install and Upgrade by Waindigo by Jon W ***
*** Note: If you use the product created by Waindigo, please enter the following line to your XenForo configuration file (/library/config.php ) to prevent any callbacks to Waindigo this add-on otherwise starts itself regularly:
$config['disableCallbacks'] = true
MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory.
- Install "addon-wmt_deluserprotector-1xx.xml" in your Xenforo Admin Control Panel (XF ACP) (ACP > Home > Install Add-On).
- Access "ACP > Home > Options > [WMTech] Deleted Usernames Protector" to check and setup the options of this add-on.
Special Installation Instructions (e.g. interactions with other add-ons):
- This add-on does work with all known username self-change add-ons.
MANUAL UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the new version of the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). You may need to relicense even free add-ons, if your last version is older than 6 months. Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory overwriting all existing files with the new ones!
- Go to your Xenforo "ACP > Home > List Add-Ons" and select "[WMTech] Deleted Usernames Protector". At the dropdown arrow on the right, choose "Upgrade Add-On". A pop-up appears and lets you select the XML file "addon-wmt_deluserprotector-1xx.xml" we provide in the upgrade software package.
- Access "ACP > Home > Options > [WMTech] Deleted Usernames Protector" to check the existing and set up the new options of this add-on.
Special Upgrade Instructions:
Available Options in ACP:
Home > Options > [WMTech] Deleted Usernames Protector
- Retention Time (Days)
How many days do you want deleted usernames to be protected against reuse at new registrations? Enter the days before it will be allowed to use the names again. Enter '0' if you want to protect them endlessly.
Default: 180, Min: 0, Max: 3650
- Refresh Database?
Clicking this button removes ALL protected deleted usernames from the database and makes all of them again available for new registrations.
Use it very carefully, it can't be reversed!
Available Phrases and Templates in ACP:
Appearance > Templates
Development > Admin Templates
- All public and admin templates of this add-on start with "wmt_dup_" The name of the templates is always self-explanatory.
Development > Admin Template Mods
- This add-on uses several template modifications instead of deprecated template hooks for the front and back end (ACP) of XenForo. All template modifications are VERY IMPORTANT for this add-on to be able to work. They are designed for the default style only! If you use any custom style, please check if all modifications have been applied correctly by looking at the numbers in the right column of the line with the modification name. If there is a grey or red number, the modification could not be applied thus deactivating some or even all features of this add-on. Contact us or your style designer to solve those issues!
- All phrases of this add-on start with "wmt_dup_" The name of the phrases is always self-explanatory.
(feel free to copy this text to your forums help page)
This site does not allow to use the user names of deleted user accounts for 180 days after their deletion. If you like to be able to stay with your current user name, you should not delete your account.