- Reaction score
Welcome to WMTech Quality Add-Ons!
We care about our products!
We care about our products!
AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION / UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
We recommend the use of an automated installation and upgrade system.
All our XenForo 2 products can be installed or upgraded using [TH] Install & Upgrade.
You can find detailed instructions how to use it >>>HERE<<<.
MANUAL INSTALLATION / UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the add-on from our products section after licensing it for your forum(s). Please note, that we are enforcing our license. Please do not download, if you don't agree to it!
- Upload everything from the "upload" directory in our software package into your web servers forum directory.
- Go to your Xenforo Admin Control Panel (XF ACP) (ACP >Add-Ons > Add-Ons) and you will find the add-on under "Installable add-ons" or "Upgradeable add-ons" (if this is an upgrade).
- Click at "Install" or "Upgrade" to start the process.
- Access "ACP > Home > Options > [WMTech] Attachment Manager PRO" to check and setup the options of this add-on.
If this was an upgrade: This completes an upgrade process and refreshes your board with the enhanced power of a new version.
Special Installation Instructions (e.g. interactions with other add-ons):
- You can upgrade without problems to this XenForo 2 add-on from XenForo 1, if you are using our [WMTech] Attachment Manager XenForo 1 product. All data will be converted and seamlessly reused.
Available Options in ACP:
Home > Options > [WMTech] Attachment Manager PRO
- Select Content Types to View
Here you see all the content types of your XenForo installation (including any third party add-ons!) which are handling attachments. Please select all content types you want your users to be able to view and handle with Attachment Manager.
- Select Content Types to Allow Delete
The same attachment content types as above. This time please select all content types you want your users to be able to delete with Attachment Manager (if they have the Delete permission). be careful, because many third party add-ons do not like their content to be deleted by our add-on. We recommend to just enable Post and Conversation Message content types to be able to be deleted.
- Attachments per Page? - Regular Full View
How many Attachments to be shown per page in Attachment Manager - Regular Full View.
- Attachments per Page? - Editor Overlay
How many attachments to be shown in the editor select overlay. This allows users to pick their attachment for reuse in a new message.
- Show Editor Attachment Selection Button?
This setting enables a button in the XenForo message editor opening an overlay to allow your users to see their post attachments and select it for reuse.
Please note that this feature only presents post attachments and no attachments of other content types.
Please also note that the button may not appear automatically if you have a custom BB code button configuration setup in your ACP. In that case you need to go to ACP > Content > BB code button manager and add the new button of Attachment Manager to your button configuration.
- Remove EXIF Data from Attachments?
If this is checked, all EXIF data will be removed from image attachments to posts and conversation messages, closing a serious security issue when users upload pictures with geo location data embedded. The EXIF data removed cannot be retrieved or recreated afterwards. So if you need it in your forum, do not activate this feature.
Available Permissions in ACP:
The following permissions are available for your user groups, forum nodes and members in the section "[WMTech] Attachment Manager PRO" of permissions:
- Can manage own attachments
With that permission the member is allowed to manage his own attachments and use the attachment manager. This link in his account will be shown and the editor button will be active (if enabled).
- Can delete own attachments
If the member has the permission to manage his own attachments and also has this permission to delete it, he is able to delete all attachments of content types you allowed in your options to be deleted.
- Can reupload attachments
If the member has the permission to manage his own attachments and also has this permission to reupload it, he is able to change all attachments to other files he can upload instead of the original attachment.
- Maximum Conversation Attachment Count per Message
You can restrict or extend the count of attachments to a conversation message differently for any of your users and user groups. The maximum attachment count for conversations you setup in your XenForo general options is still obeyed and no user will be able to attach more attachments than you have setup there.
- Maximum Conversation Attachment Size (kb)
You can restrict or extend the maximum size of attachments to a conversation message differently for any of your users and user groups. The maximum attachment size for conversations you setup in your XenForo general options is still obeyed and no user will be able to attach a larger attachment than you have setup there.
- Maximum Forum Attachment Count per Message
You can restrict or extend the count of attachments to a forum message differently for any of your users, user groups and forum nodes. The maximum attachment count you setup in your XenForo general options is still obeyed and no user will be able to attach more attachments than you have setup there.
- Maximum Forum Attachment Size (kb)
You can restrict or extend the maximum size of attachments to a forum message differently for any of your users, user groups and forum nodes. The maximum attachment size you setup in your XenForo general options is still obeyed and no user will be able to attach a larger attachment than you have setup there.
Available Cron Jobs in ACP:
ACP > Tools > Cron entries
Available Phrases and Templates in ACP:
ACP > Appearance > Templates
- All public and admin templates of this add-on start with "wmt_am_" The name of the templates is always self-explanatory.
- This add-on uses several template modifications for the front and back end (ACP) of XenForo. All template modifications are VERY IMPORTANT for this add-on to be able to work. They are designed for the default style only! If you use any custom style, please check if all modifications have been applied correctly by looking at the numbers in the right column of the line with the modification name. If there is a grey or red number, the modification could not be applied thus deactivating some or even all features of this add-on. Contact us or your style designer to solve those issues!
- All phrases of this add-on start with "wmt_am_" The name of the phrases is always self-explanatory. You are able to translate this add-on to any language you like or use a language file provided by someone else for it.
Available BB codes in ACP:
ACP > Content > Custom BB codes
- Attachment Manager - Reuse
This custom BB code is used to reuse any attachments with the editor button and its selection display. Please do not tamper with it as this feature may not be able to work any more if you change anything.
- Attachment Manager Interface
Any member with permission to handle his attachments will see a new entry in his account labeled "Attachments". There is also a link in the account dropdown menu for it. After clicking at that link, the attachment manager interface is shown and all attachments uploaded by the member allowed to be viewed by the forum admin are listed there.
If the member has also permissions to delete and reupload any attachments, there will be clearly labeled buttons to start those actions.
- Editor Button with Selection Interface and automated Insert Process.
Any member with permission to handle his attachments will see a new button above his message editor (a paperclip symbol) which, when clicked, opens a selection interface with all post attachments of that member. The member can select one or more of his attachments and just click at "Insert" to have all those attachments inserted to the message currently composed.
(feel free to copy this text to your forums help page)
This forum features the [WMTech] Attachment Manager PRO extension. It allows you to manage all attachments you have uploaded to our site via an interface in your accounts area. There you will see a list of all your attachments which you can either delete or reupload (if you have permission to do that by the forum administrator).
You may also reuse your post attachments with other posts you write in our forum. The message editor features a button with a paperclip symbol. If you click it a selection overlay will open where you can see all your attachments available to be reused. Select one or more attachments to be included into the new message and close the overlay. Your files will be included into your new message automatically.
Also, if you upload any image files with embedded geo location data, this data will be removed automatically to not let other users detect the location of the image.