What's new

Rolling Message Counter

MrDeranged

XF Licensee
Reaction score
Does this addon differentiate between posts in forums that count towards increasing your post count and those that don't? I have forums that I don't want posts counting towards the criteria.

wmtech

WMTech Staff
XF Licensee
Reaction score
Does this addon differentiate between posts in forums that count towards increasing your post count and those that don't? I have forums that I don't want posts counting towards the criteria.
Yes. It does only count in forums where counting is enabled. Just like the regular counter.

MrDeranged

XF Licensee
Reaction score
does it only differentiate at the time of posting, or does it update if I change a forum to count after the posts have been made?

If I buy it and it doesn't work for my purposes, is there a refund policy?

wmtech

WMTech Staff
XF Licensee
Reaction score
If you update a node to be counted, all posts from there on will be counted. Older posts won't be counted, even if they occurred within the time period of the counter. If you need a custom feature which is not part of the default feature set we can be hired for customizations of our own add-ons.

Sorry, we don't do refunds after the product has been downloaded.

MrDeranged

XF Licensee
Reaction score
Will this work from the day I install it though? If I install it today, and set up a criteria of 15 posts (in forums that count) in the past 45 days will it check the past 45 days or will users have to start over and it will only count posts from when I installed it?

Will I have to purchase branding removal for this one as well?

wmtech

WMTech Staff
XF Licensee
Reaction score
It will work from the day it is installed. But it will set all counters to the current count for that period when installed.

Yes, if you want branding removal, you need to include it with the purchase.

MrDeranged

XF Licensee
Reaction score
okay, hopefully these will be the last questions.

If I currently have Brogan's CTA Criteria Addon installed, will this cause any problems?

If I have a user with the following posts:

Forum A (posts count towards total) - 13 posts within the past 45 days
Forum B (posts do not count towards total) - 24 posts within the past 45 days

and I install this addon today, how many posts would the addon count towards a criteria of X posts within the past 45 days?

thanks in advance and sorry about all the questions

wmtech

WMTech Staff
XF Licensee
Reaction score
The counter should show 13 posts. ;)
You may need to rebuild the counter after you choose your 45 day period (by default it is 100 days).

wmtech

WMTech Staff
XF Licensee
Reaction score
Which counter do I need to rebuild?
If you have installed the add-on yesterday and set your period to 45 days this should already have happened automatically.
If not, please go to ACP > Tools > Cron Entries and run the entry named "[WMTech] Rolling Message Count: Update CustomDay Counters" manually once. This will update your custom day period counter with the correct values immediately.